Below you will find a number of resources designed to support Higher Education professionals and Hiring Organizations. CIWEA encourages active sharing of resources. To view the great resources that have been shared by CIWEA members for CIWEA members, please visit the Resource Archive under the Members-Only section of the website. If you have a resource, link, file, or idea that you'd like to share, please send us an firstname.lastname@example.org!
Presentations from our 2016 Fall Summits
- Department of Labor Healthcare Projections - Amar Mann
- The Future is Not What it Used to Be - Walter D. Mantova
Presentations from our 2016 Annual Conference
- Connecting with Students through Culturally Competent Strategies - Dr. Wenli Jen
- Internship Supervisor Training - Cindy Lewis
- Programs of Excellence: Implementing Title 5 Requirements for Cooperative Work Experience Education - Marilyn Ashlin, Brook Oliver, Doug Marriott, Gina Bogna, & Lauralyn Larsen
- New World of Work Curriculum: Helping Educators Bridge Student Skills to Employer Needs in the 21st Century Workplace - Shannon Wells & Julie Collier
- Nuts & Bolts on Building, Maintaining & Marketing a Successful Work Experience Education & Internship Program - Carol Bernardo & Connie Raynor
- Optimizing Portfolium for your Campus & Student/Alumni Needs - Adam Markowitz & Jared Lish
- Successful Internship Model for Diversity in the Non-profit Sector - Gisela Salgado
- Supporting First Generation Underrepresented Students for Successful Summer Internships - Heather LaPerle
- Supporting Career Development of Undocumented Students - Mariela Gutierrez
- Task Force on Workforce, Job Creation, & a Strong Economy- Toni Parsons & Robert Cabral
Presentations from our 2015 Annual Conference
- Cosumes River College Cooperative Work Experience Education & Internship Program Part I - Carol Bernardo
- Cosumes River College Cooperative Work Experience Education & Internship Program Part II - Carol Bernardo
- Cosumes River College Cooperative Work Experience Education & Internship Program Part III - Carol Bernardo
- Tech Talk Part I - Damion Donaldson, Vanessa Lowe, & Michelle Levy
- Tech Talk Part II - Damion Donaldson, Vanessa Lowe, & Michelle Levy
- Tech Talk Part III - Damion Donaldson, Vanessa Lowe, & Michelle Levy
- Using Technology to Connect Employers, Educators & Students - Tim Aldinger & Marilyn Ashlin
- Building a Collaborative Campus Internship Outreach Program - Heather LaPerle
- Cooperative Work Experience Education: An Overview of Standards & Regulations - Dan Jenkins
- Extending the Reach: Engaging Alumni in Meaningful Internship Programming - Katrina Davy
- How Comprehensive are the Services of Your Internship Program? What are the "Must Have Services"? Part I - Dr. Shannon Johnson
- How Comprehensive are the Services of Your Internship Program? What are the "Must Have Services"? Part II - Dr. Shannon Johnson
- Paid/Unpaid Internships - Really? Why are We Still Talking About This? - Sally Cardenas & Robert Pierce
- Show Me the Money! How to Get others to "Buy" Into Your Program - Brook Oliver
- The Foundation for California Community Colleges & Tools for Work-Based Lerning - Tim Aldinger & Greg Thomas
- The Impact of High Impact Practices - Dr. Lisa Bortman
- The U.S. Occupational Outlook: What's Ahead for the U.S. Labor Market Part I - Richard Holden
- The U.S. Occupational Outlook: What's Ahead for the U.S. Labor Market Part II - Richard Holden
- Tips for Building & Maintaining a Successful Work Experience Education & Internship Program Part I - Carol Bernardo, Leigh Ann Rogers, Nina Delgado
- Tips for Building & Maintaining a Successful Work Experience Education & Internship Program Part II - Carol Bernardo, Leigh Ann Rogers, Nina Delgado
- Tips for Building & Maintaining a Successful Work Experience Education & Internship Program Part III - Carol Bernardo, Leigh Ann Rogers, Nina Delgado
- California Workforce Investment Board - Tim Rainey
- Doing What Matters for Jobs and the Economy - Maureen White
- Ensuring the Educative Side of Internships - Craig Oka & Shannon Johnson
- Title V Article 4 Cooperative Work Experience Education
- CWEE Update
- FAQ for CWEE Educators
- Report on Alternative to InPerson Consultations
- CWEE Course Repeatability
- 2011-12 Amend CTE Expenditure Plan
- Primer on Computing FTEs
- CWEE District Plan Template
- California Community College Chancellor's Office Reports and Resources
- Internship Programs the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Balter Opinion
- 20 Factors for Independent Contractors
- Information on Stipends
Below are web addresses of other organizations and associations that may be of interest to professionals in the field of work-integrated learning and experiential learning, such as internships, community-based learning and cooperative education.
- www.calplacement.org - California Placement Association (CPA)
- www.ceiainc.org - Cooperative Education & Internship Association (CEIA)
- www.nsee.org - National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE)
- www.wblconnections.com - Statewide Advisory Committee for Work-based Learning/home of On the QT newsletter
- www.cccareers.org - for career-related resources, activities and contacts.
California Community College Association for Occupational Education (CCCAOE)
CCCAOE is the professional organization of vocational/occupational administrators and faculty. CCCAOE's purpose is to promote public recognition of vocational education and economic development activities; to develop partnerships with community agencies; to serve as a resource in assisting the membership to provide quality opportunities for professional growth within the community colleges.
Community College League of California (CCLC)
The Community College League of California is a nonprofit public benefit corporation whose voluntary membership consists of the 72 local community college districts in California. The League serves the districts in six areas: education programs, research and policy analysis, fiscal services programs, governmental relations, communications, and governance of athletics.
California Community College Directory
This page maintained by the Community College League of California (CCLC) offers information on each college in the system listed in the alphabetical order.
California Department of Education
This arm of the state government administers the K-12 system.
California Part-time Faculty Association (CPFA)
The mission of the California Part-Time Faculty Association (CPFA) is to create the opportunity for community college students to have equal access to quality education by promoting professional equity for all faculty.
California Postsecondary Education Commission
CPEC is the state agency which makes recommendations to the Governor and Legislature on higher education policies.
Faculty Association of California Community Colleges (FACCC)
FACCC is a statewide professional membership association that advocates solely for all community college faculty. FACCC endeavors to work cooperatively with all community college faculty organizations. FACCC maintains a policy of strict neutrality as to the selection, organizational structure, governance and leadership of other faculty organizations.
Foundation for California Community Colleges
The Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC) assists community colleges (and other partner schools) to operate more effectively and efficiently through donations, grants, programs, and services that drive excellence while saving millions of dollars each year.
Student Senate for California Community Colleges (SSCCC)
The Student Senate for California Community Colleges is the official voice of the 2.1 million students on California Community Colleges as recognized in Title 5 section 50002.